Monday, September 17, 2012

Fall Decoration 101

Ok, maybe not fall decoration as a quick easy sweater pumpkin.
I like quick and easy, as much as I like cheap and this has all three!
Boooyah!!!
Ok, Dollartree carvable pumpkin.  No big thrill just kind of there and orange.
Now the easy and fun part, hit Goodwill or thrift store for very cheap sweater.  I got mine for 1.29 and I kinda like that it has stripes.  I was greatly inspired by this blogger.   Her's are very awesome and classy.
You're only going to use the sleeves for your naked pumpkin.
So you cut out the stump nubbin and keep it or throw it. 
Shove your pumpkin in the sleeve of your cheap sweater. 
Since I made three there wasn't a lot of excess to shove in the pumpkin which is why I inverted the stump nubbin and shoved it in the hole to make a tight seal. 
See?
Ok, so then ya grab some rubber bands to make the new stumps all official. 
Wrap them around nice and tight and then fold over or leave them long. 
Now you just wind it with twine and glue to hold it. 
While I was at the Dollartree I grabbed some of this golden wire.
It makes nice tendrils and all you need is a pencil and wire cutters. 
Stick the tendrils in any where. 
Then I dug out some leaves left over from last year.
Yeah they are not pumpkin leaves but I still like them. 
So give it a try, have some fun and make it your own. 
I was considering a pink sweater or multi pattern.
What can I say, I like different :) 

2 comments:

  1. Thanκs fοг ones maгvelοuѕ pоsting!
    Ι tгuly enjoyеd reaԁing it, уou
    aге a great authoг. I will bе sure to
    bоokmark your blog and defіnitelу wіll comе back
    later on. І want to еncourage cοntinue yοur great woгk,
    have a niсe weеkend!
    Feel free to surf my page trapezaries επιπλα κουζινασ trapezaries τραπεζαριες μοντερνες τιμες τραπεζαριεσ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you tell us more about this? I'd care to find out more details.
    Feel free to surf my blog post επιπλα

    ReplyDelete