Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Help! I'm a craftomaniac

Ok, so I was doing my blog runs and I stumble upon this brilliant idea by one of my favs Life in Rehab.
I immediately stole the idea and ran off to the dollar tree.
I glued them together and decided to wait until I went to Wal-Mart to find something fun and pretty to put in  it. 
As you can see they are still empty....boo
It's been an odd few days, couldn't wake up one day and couldn't fall asleep the next.  Today I realize I have shingles.....(add big BOOOO here)
The store is out of the question and laying here is all I can muster.
I continued to surf old blogs and a few new ones only to find myself stealing yet another idea.
Some one needs to call the blog police and report me.

The other day I scored this for a dollar at a garage sale. 
It was filled with broken, or singular earring dating from the 50's to the 80's 
I was just hoping to find something amazing to do with some of them.
I did :) and before the down time I had found real Goop (thanks Sunni).
So you slather on the goop 
I am working with a clipboard today. 
Add random earrings until you like the look. 
They pull out the ModPodge and scrapbook paper and get creative. 
I made this for Fairly Godmother  to be able to use.
Using black and white with touches of hot pink....
makes it even harder to give up.
I think it came out fabulous!  I just wish I remembered where I saw it first. 
Alas I am not the original on this one.  I give props to who ever did it first.
I am just glad I found a craft (something to do) while somewhat horizontal and with the help of my lovely daughter.

1 comment:

  1. Bwahahahahaha, yeah, you're getting featured, lady, shingles and all.

    ReplyDelete