Saturday, March 19, 2011

Gathering for the Plan with a little help from Blogland

Have you ever woken up, turned on your laptop and had your day made?
That was me, Friday morning as I was sipping on my coffee with a long day ahead of me. I will try to be brief but will probably fail.  As I have been working with this plan of mine to knowingly redecorate with purpose.  I have repeatedly ran into the great big wall of " lack of fiances".  I was blessed beyond belief with a comforter (read previous post).  I still have a few things on my list of finds.  Fabric to cover my chair and a really cool rug to pop.  I see it in my head, mod, large flowers, bright colors, and when I see something close I cringe at the price tag.  I check Overstock, Home Decorators, random rug places online.   I mean hours of looking at rugs that don't fit, get excited about rugs until I see the price, and other random ways of suffering emotional whiplash.  Ok I tell you the drama so you can see the  blessing.

Alright, cue lights and hallelujah music http://junkinjunky.blogspot.com/ picked me!!!
  Yes, little ole me as there winner of a CSN gift certificate!!!!!  (add bells and whistles here)
I have heard of CSN through out blogland but have never been.  Here is the link in case you have never been http://www.csnstores.com/.
So I of  course went to the rugs and found this rug originally 50 dollars marked down to 28.  I applied my 25 certificate and only paid 3.99 for it.  Free shipping and even a free rug pad to go underneath.  I was squealing with delight much to the disgusted looks of our family cat.
Thank you soooooooo much wonderful, generous, sweet woman @ Junkin Junky!!!
ps, I love your blog <3
Isn't is pretty? <3 sigh <3

I was so inspired to do more.  So I dug out this ceiling fan I have had for over 3 years.  I was going to put it in my daughter's room but then she decided she didn't want it.  I bought it at Lowe's for like 7 dollars!!!
I figured it was white and better than my existing crappy light.  So with the help of my son.
TAAAA_DAAAAA!!!! 
The fan works too.  It's so nice to be able to teach the youth today a little electrical ability. 
I love it when a plan comes together.

2 comments:

  1. That is one outstanding carpet and the price? You practically stole it LOL

    I'm so glad you were able to put the $25.00 to such good use!

    Woot woot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mel :D couldn't of done it without ya hhahahahaahha.

    ReplyDelete