Friday, December 10, 2010

Let the tacky-retro decorating begin!!!!!!!

I was soo inspired by the thrift store find I have decided to make it my theme.
So first up are these, oh so boring brown candlestick stands. 
A trip to Homedepot and presto-chango........

Although they are not tacky, but kinda cool.  I like it!

Some glitter bows and ribbon and candles and we have transformation.

Now we move on to the tree, at first I didn't have enough ornaments but I took a trip
to the thrift store and found a box for only $1.97.  I couldn't see in the box and didn't really know what I was getting into but as I peeled away the layers.  My excitement grew with each wooden ornament, and made in Japan things.  Still not sure what they are.

Still need more tinsel

I went to WalMart today and as I was wondering around, I couldn't believe my eyes!
I had wished for it the other day but didn't know they existed.


Can you believe it?!?!?!!?!?   I had found a bright green sock monkey!!
I think I even squealled with delight.

My last dilemma is this.........

What to put on top??
I have a santa hat with felt cookies on it or a glass globe that is silver with red dots.
Will update when decision is made.

No comments:

Post a Comment