Tuesday, September 21, 2010

all I can do is SIGH :/

So I saw this fabulous idea using an old light globe and paint.  It was amazing and I would so put up a link to the original but I can't find it again.  I have looked,.....most of the day actually.

I decided I would risk it and fake my way through it.  Should of known better.  I had the paint all picked out, had this great pink and silver spray paint.  Spent my time taping and began to paint.  Except the paint was really old.  How old?  I'm not sure, I guess I could cut it in half and count the rings.  If you ever buy second hand spray paint ask to test it.  Oh well no financial loss but now I have to put paint on this thing because all that's on it, is the goo that holds the paint to the object.  I ran to the garage and grabbed a yellow can of paint.   Yeah not a real great choice to go with the silver I had already painted.

But I am impatient and don't want to run to Walmart to find me some pink so this is what came out.
Makes me want to call a taxi.  I tried to hide this horrible tragedy by pretending I meant to do that with the silver art object in the back.  Only made it worse.
I am now thinking on adding black checks and just go all the way with the taxi thing.......SIGH!
any suggestions?

6 comments:

  1. I know the exact tutorial you are talking about! I saw it online, I just looked through my bookmarks & I guess I didn't bookmark it! I like it. I think if you do a few more it won't look so taxi-ish :) perhaps in a few colors etc. I like the brightness of it :) :) :)

    good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Moe, if you find it again could you send me the link? Finding these kinds of deep globe not as easy as I thought it was going to be. It will be my new challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww Julia you are always sweet to me :) I guess I am just disappointed, it's not what I had envisioned. Maybe I will grow to love it or it will end up a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen the craft that inspired you, but I think it's kinda cool as is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you, you're too kind. The one I saw was done in gold and blue and it looked amazing. I think I'm going to do 2 more in citrus colors and put them in my kitchen. Thank you once again for your encouragement.

    ReplyDelete