Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Painting on Shoes













































I have recently found many wonderful ideas about painting canvas shoes. Having found them at Wal-Mart for only a dollar a piece I felt I had nothing to loose but a dollar. My friends and family loved them and so I've had requests. This pair is for my 17 year old niece and has all the things she loves in it. The commonality is her.





I've also have done a few before her's and they all have different themes. The one with Mickey and Bambi is mine. I also made two others I will try to get up later as I learn how to operate this thing. I used fabric paint on the shoes and have found a wonderful surprise. When I was wearing a pair I stepped in a puddle and was amazed the the paint helped water-proof the shoes. I haven't fully tested them and am sure I would not wear them in the rain but my feet stayed dry and the paint did not run. I don't think I've ever been happy about stepping in a puddle but this one was note worthy.






I hope you like them and leave a comment, I will try to take better pics and post more stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment