Wednesday, June 10, 2009

cassette art




So I was surfing craft sites and found this awesome idea! He used cassette tape to create an image of a musician. I thought the idea was awesome and wanted to try. I think He was called Ghost in the Machine. So I went to the thrift store looking to see what I could find. And lo and behold I found a Bob Marley cassette. I decided Bob would be my first attempt. The original guy (ghost in the machine dude) did his on white background and small. I went large and colorful, kinda like me. hahahaha OK so I gave it a shot and this is what I came up with. After I finished Bob I tried Bono from U2. I used two different tape on Bono hoping for a different effect. It's hard to see in the pics. I like them and hope to try Will Smith, BB King, Robert Plant, and a few others. So these are the two I've done. Hope you like them and really hope I'm not stepping on any one's toes.

2 comments:

  1. These are crazy cool! So creative! I just discovered your blog and I'm loving it! Not your "typical wanna-be-martha-stewart" type of craftiness! Rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Kerry! I am so not Martha in many ways hahhaha I hope you keep checking me out and thanks again for the comments

    ReplyDelete